You are hereAbout DGAP
To build and develop a comprehensive people’s agenda in order to take action on social justice issues, and to create and to preserve a participatory and democratic society through collaborations among organizations and individuals.
- We believe individuals, families, and organizations have a right to government that serves their interests and operates in an open, inclusive, democratic manner.
- We believe government should be dedicated to preserving human rights for everyone and ensuring economic, social, racial, gender, environmental, and cultural justice.
- We believe government should offer citizens information and the opportunity to participate in making decisions about their communities and in the governing process.
- We believe that people should have the opportunity to organize freely around issues of good government.
- We believe neighborhood residents are often the best experts on what their communities truly need.
- To provide an extensive update to the 2007 Report Card
- To provide an analysis of local government accountability issues that is comprehensive and accessible to a wide spectrum of populations, from community leaders to policy institutions
- To provide a continued link between analysis of local government policy and direct social action on government accountability issues