You are hereCriminal Justice Grades and Recommendations
Criminal Justice Grades and Recommendations
|2007 Grade||2007 Grade Prediction for the Future||2010 Grade|
- Create an accountable, independent citizen’s review board for the Chicago police, made up of freely-elected community representatives, which would include the ability to release the names of officers who have been implicated in police torture cases.
- Install personnel performance software on the I-CLEAR system that will enable the Police Department to identify rogue police officers and hold them accountable.
- Provide incentives to officers who make a commitment to participate in the Chicago Alternative Policing Strategy (CAPS) Program.
- Provide more funding to alternative crime prevention programs such as CeaseFire.
- Reform the juvenile justice system – fund restorative, community-based alternatives to the Audy Home.